Connected Community Program
Utilizing broadband and technology to enable economic development in our rural communities.
As part of our commitment to strengthen rural communities, Triangle Communications invites communities to apply for our Connected Community Program. Triangle’s Connected Community Program has been nationally recognized and endorsed by NTCA’s Smart Rural Community. Triangle’s Connected Community is an opportunity to pull key members of the community together to create an action plan to increase the vitality of their community in a connected world.
- Eligible applicants can be recognized non-profits (including chambers of commerce or economic developments entities), municipal and Tribal organizations within Triangle Communications service areas. Communities are eligible to participate in the program only one time.
Program Funding up to $2500
Projects may vary, but are concentrated on the following:
- Entrepreneurship and job creation projects (shared work space, digital literacy or training, call or telework center, effort to attract and retain youth, etc.)
- Outreach projects that promote technology learning and innovation (technology fair or event, business startup weekend, workforce development and more) beyond a normal K-12 opportunity.
- Broadband adoption projects such as telehealth locations, technology infrastructure for the community including ideas like video conferencing room, computer labs, meeting rooms and more.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Are Broadband enabled, technology focused projects
- Have a long-term impact for the community and its residents
- Promote community partnership, participation and engagement for all technology sectors
- Make rural communities a better place to live and work
- Are leveraged or matched by local funds and or other granting entities
- Will be completed within a one-year from approval
- Create jobs locally
- Greenfield projects - New projects, not projects already in the works
- Communities are eligible to participate in the program one time
NOTE: Applicants are invited/encouraged to discuss proposed project in advance of submittal with our Economic Development Specialist, Anne Boothe. Anne can help you identify projects, other partners and/or funding opportunities.
Submittal deadline for 2019 Smart Rural Community Program is 5:00 PM, Friday, January 1st, 2019.
Please complete online, mail or deliver your completed application to:
Successful applicants will be notified on or before March 1, 2019.