SHORT TUTORIAL/FAQ - CAN MY FACEBOOK COVER BE A VIDEO INSTEAD OF A PHOTO? IF SO, HOW IS IT DONE?
Question: A friend told me Facebook allows you to make your cover photo a video. Is that really possible? If so, how can I do it?
Answer: Yes, you can, and it's pretty easy, too. Before you do it, though, note that your video must adhere to certain specifications.
First, the content must not violate Facebook's policies. The video must be at least 820 x 312 pixels and between 20 and 90 seconds.
If your video meets those requirements, follow these steps:
1) Login to Facebook and navigate to your profile.
2) Hover over your current cover photo and click Update Cover Photo.
3) To upload a new video, select Upload Photo/Video. To select a video you've already uploaded to Facebook, select Choose From Videos.
4) Select the video you want to display.
5) Reposition the video as you would like it, then click Next.
6) Choose a thumbnail option for your video, then click Publish.